Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It Looks Like Spring

The weather is finally changing for the better and it is looking more like spring here everyday. The temperatures are in the mid to high 40's during the day now. Once the ground thaws, hopefully within the next week, it will be time to get back out in the garden to start planting peas, spinach, lettuce and potatoes. I also prepared an area in the fall to start a new crop of strawberries.

This year I hope to do a lot more with perennial flower gardens. I have a few small gardens that can use a lot of improving. I think it is time to expand away from mainly vegetable gardening. I would like to create a few areas to attract more of the wildlife in the area, birds, butterflies, etc. My yard is already a natural playground for wild turkeys and deer.

www.organicheirloomgardening.com

No comments: